Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Take: Quotes 2

1. "Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken it can be fixed but there will always be cracks"
-some of my closest friendships have been broken by other people or them themselves and you are right they are never the same. You can become friends again and act like nothing happened but it is always different it is never the same. You aren't as close anymore, you lose trust and maybe respect for each other. I had a friend talking behind my back when I thought I could trust her and she ended up telling this other person everything I was confiding in her as my closest friend. So this in turn made the one person hate me and broke my trust with the her. We still sorta have a friendship but it is not the same. It is broken in millions of pieces. You can clearly see all the cracks.


2. "We all lose friends.. we lose them in death, to distance and over time. But even though they may be lost, hope is not. The key is to keep them in your heart, and when the time is right, you can pick up the friendship right where you left off. Even the lost find their way home when you leave the light on."
-My hope for regaining some of the friends I have lost is gone. There is no way they will ever exist. Some of these people want nothing to do with me. They shut me out of their life and never want me to come back in. So I think hope can be lost. There will be no picking up these friendships where they left off. I can leave a million lights on and they won't find their way back home because they don't want to.


3. A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.
-If your dream doesn't take sweat, hard work and determination then you have set you goals too low. A dream is something that should be attainable but not easily attainable. You should have to work for it. And if you just assume you don't have to work and the dream is just going to come true out of nowhere you will be mistaken. You also have to be determined if you aren't determined to make it happen and just go out and hope it will happen that won't be enough either. You have to work hard at it if you slack off you dream won't get fulfilled. If you aren't willing to work hard then why are you dreaming of such things with hope they will happen. If you don't work hard for them you don't deserve for the dream to come true.

4.
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience by which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.
-Any time you are going through a hard time and pull through is just more strength to know you can get through it the next time something bad happens. It gives you the confidence to know you got through a hard time once you will get through this hard time as well. It doesn't mean that the hard time will be easier to face each time. It just gives you strength to know you can handle the situation and confidence to know you will make it through and courage to face the problem head on and not avoid it.

5. Blessings are placed within our reach, but they are not placed within our hands.
-We are very blessed. There are blessings all around. Sometimes you don't think of it right away as being a blessing. Like you might not think that being able to run, no matter what pace you are at, is a blessing but it is very much a blessing there are millions of people who can't run for medical reasons. You have been blessed with being healthy enough to be able to run. But those are for simple blessings we just overlook. But for blessings on a bigger scale, the blessing is there for you but you have to take action to make it yours. Like someone is going to be blessed to win the race, if you want that to be you, you have to do something to make it be you. You have to work for it and train for it and do what you are supposed to do. You aren't just going to be blessed with a win put in your hands, you have to reach out and take hold.

6.When the world says, "Give up, "Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
-When people have given up on you ever feeling better, recovering, or running up to a certain standard there is always that little voice of hope you have that says give it another shot, you can do it, just try again. Maybe it was just a bad day or it wasn't meant to be this time. But don't give up just because everyone else has. When everyone else has given up on you is when you need to look deep inside and find that glimmer of hope you still have that things will get better, or you can do it or you can run faster. Find that hope and don't let go no matter what even when everyone else has said it's not possible you go out and make it happen, show them. When they say you can't do it, go out and prove them wrong and do it. Never lose that hope.

7. If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again
-This goes with NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP. Whether you keep your goal the same and just retry in a different race or you decided to focus on a different race entirely. So if you set out with a goal to hit a certain distance or run 100 miles and you go out and things don't go your way and you weren't as fast as you wanted or didn't make it as far as you wanted. Don't be afraid to try again. go to the next race with that same goal or modify the goal and pick a new distance. This is what I had to do. My ex-coach had set the goal for me to run the OTQ in the marathon and then she gave up coaching me. Now with my new coach we are focusing on ultras. So I had to give up on the dream of the OTQ and deal with the heart break of a broken dream but made a new goal. We have our key races picked out if everything goes well. And they are all Ultra distances races. We have also set goals for the next 5 years, not key races but distances and standards. So no matter what the case is a bad race a coach turning there back on you pick up those lost pieces/goals and don't be afraid to start over and begin again.

8. Difficult things take a long time, impossible things a little longer.
Things that are difficult such as recovering, running a certain pace or distance will take time it won't just happen over night. But things people don't believe can happen that are even harder, some say impossible, take even more time but they can be accomplished, you are just going to have to work that much harder for it. Don't let anyone tell you, you can't do something, that it is impossible. Get out there and show them with extremely hard work that it can be done and you will do it. As the quote goes "With God all things are possible."

9. There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound."
-Since the only friends I have are long distance friends I have to think this is but true. The fact that you can be friends with someone who is not there with you, Who you don't see in person, who you just communicate through phone, computer, etc. and can relate to them and understand them and encourage them and consul them is someting amazing. Having a relationship with someone you see everyday is very easy to do. But keeping a relationship with someone you don't is so much harder. There is a special bond....... I don't know I am not kinda into this one right now.... I have been hurt by some of the people this quote was meant for so I am just not in to it today for this quote so that is all you are going to get today on this one :(

10."Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon."

I have heard people say you will never fully recover and I think that is like putting a limit on something. I think or at least I am going to hope that it is possible to fully recover. I have people tell me that I am only so good that they are better then I'll be and negative comments putting a limit on my ability when we have yet to see what I can fully do, so don't put limits on me when we have yet to seen me at my full capacity (I hope). Don't tell me I can only be this good and I'll never be that good. Don't say this is a best as I can do and that is it. Don't just settle with what you think you are capable of handling reach out further, harder. Don't set limits, or let anyone else set limits, on you. You don't know what you are capable of until you go out there and do it. having a goal yes is a good thing but who says you can't do better then that goal. My goal for my 3 hour run was to get 22 miles in and I ended up getting 23.25 would have been more if i wouldn't had leg pain starting at mile 13. But I didn't try to run hard, I just went out and ran comfortable and set the goal at 22 but when I saw I was ahead of the goal, I didn't think "Oh no what am I doing" I thought "awesome, how much extra can I do." Never limit yourself and NEVER let someone else limit you. Reach out of your comfort zone, beyond the sky we can see and reach out for that moon, of unlimited possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment