Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Possible Trail Run

My anxiety is really high right now so I am going to try to clam down by writing this. So anyways I know a lot of ultras are on trails and I don't really have any trails around here to run, except there is a little park down the way that has what they call a 5 mile loop it's more 4.5 and well about 3 miles of it are on trails in the woods. One lane trail with about 5 big hills. So I think today I am going to go out and run the loop twice at the park and add this other half mile loop to it as well, to get a total of 10 miles. This will give me about 6 miles on trails and all the rest is on grass, so an easy pounding day for the legs but brutal on the big hills. I wonder how this will go I don't have trail shoes yet but this aren't too technical of trails. But then again I twist my ankle and fall on concrete so how many minutes will I get in before I fall???? So right now I would be part way into my run and I think that's why I am anxious because I want to be out there now. But mom took the car so I've got to wait until she gets back. Hmmmm will I be able to wait until she gets home to practice on trails or will I end up going out and running my normal courses????????? Well lets see what happen......................................................

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl,
    Have no fear, we all have to start somewhere and you are right where you are suppose to be. As they say God will never give you more than you can handle. I've personally had some very highs and lows in my running career and adventures. Pacing was one way to give back to the sport and at the same time meet new people, see new and different trails among the countless other benefits Pacing can have. For me it was the free food. Works for me, maybe not you. lol. I have also recently started blogging but I don't like to read instructions so its been a slow go at it and it makes the learning curve quite steep. Do as I say not as I do.
    Take care and I'm glad I found your blog.

    I have trouble even figuring out how to create, give it a name. I'm still not sure I have it all together. Here it is.
    http://ultrunut.blogspot.com/
    I have another but its not registered. Somehow I need to merge these two.

    ReplyDelete