Thursday, March 19, 2009

2:14 trail continued

So just as I was about to give up and go run my normal courses mom showed up. So I drove to the park. The loop is suppose to be 5 miles.... hardly... then there is a grass/trails/hill loop that is suppose to be a half mile.... hardly. Well I started off across the dam at Hargus Lake. The dam is a little more then .25 miles and I added the grass/trail/hill loop that is suppose to be .5 miles it was definitely less. So I was close to about .75 miles before actually entering the woods. Well I got into the woods and didn't last for 2 minutes and 14 seconds before rolling/twisting my ankle and kept going this is nothing new for me, I do it on concrete. ( I didn't feel the pain up the chin at first but did later). Well I continued on up and down all the hills, and they are steep and big, at least to me. The only trouble I had was at one of the little creek crossings there was about 7 rockes to jump on, well no big deal I though I just did some earlier. Well this was different, the rock were stacked on top of rocks and the new rocks were wobbily and spread apart for a tall person. Well I stopped my watch and extended out to the first rock and got my legs wobbily I reached for the second that was spinning all over the place. I was very uncomfortable. After what felt like a minutes I was able to put my hands down on the thrid rock, whch was wobbily and sneak both feet on to the second rock and then I stood up. And I tried to reach out for the third rock but it was just too wobbily and far out there. So I stopped and thought. I turned and looked around me I noticed there was a spot that I could long jump to (I did that my freshmen year) from there I could long jump to another spot and from there long jump to the course. So I turned around shaking and barely making it to the course went and tried it. No problem!!! So I went aroud to the approxmaite 4 mile spot but instead of turning around like I normally would I continued straight around on the "5 mile course." I arrived at what they call would be the 5.5 mile mark in under 38 minutes so I knew something was wrong. Here I was on trails and hills and grass running faster then sometime on the roads. Hmmmm.... So I knew this was definitely not true so good thing I could go by my watch and approximate it. So I got around and went out for loop two. No trouble on loop two but saw people I passed on loop one and I heard the one lady goes she is lapping us...lol. I knew I was going a good pace but have no clue what that pace was. Next week I need to get out there and mark that course off.

But anyways I made it. My first "trails" run in forever. It was a hilly 6 plus miles on the trails and an additional 4 miles on the grass/trails. So I survived and only rolled my ankle once.

Well Gotta go time to leave to sub..... 8th grade english....... ekkkkkkk!!! Lord Please Help Me!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda...I haven't been on FB in forever and logged on this morning and saw the link to your blog - I love it!

    Congrats again on nationals and I wish you the very best in your future endeavors...

    Happy trails,

    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Amanda....I wonder who inspired you, it couldn't be me as self-centered as I am.

    ReplyDelete